Au Pair – Şirket İngilizce Mülakatı Soruları
Aşağıda sizler için hazırlamış olduğum, au pair gönderen/alan şirketlerin sorması muhtemel olan İngilizce mülakat soru ve cevaplarına ulaşabilirsiniz.
1. Why did you decide become an au pair?
I want to improve my English, at the same time I want to observe child development closely. So being an au pair is a good option for my goals. Also, I will have chance to live in the USA.
2. What characteristics or skills do you feel are most important to have in order to be a successful au pair?
First of all, being patient, listening to children and respect them are quite important. Secondly, an au pair should be punctual, flexible, creative, lovable, sporty, respectful, initiative, adventures, adaptable, polite, open-minded and warm-hearted. Also an au pair should know the steps of the crisis intervention.
3. What types of rules do you think you will have living with your host family?
I am used to some rules set by my family. So believe there won’t be any challenge about rules. I am a pretty clean and orderly person. I do not like loud sound at bed time.
4. How do you envision the typical American family?
I imagine the typical American family is two-parent family, they travel a lot, they work hard especially on weekdays, they are the people who are well educated also they might be type of people who listens to understand.
5. Describe your ideal host family. How do you see yourself fitting into their lifestyle?
I imagine my ideal host family is polite, understanding, open-minded, who travel a lot, warm-hearted and who well educated. As a person who has no difficulty getting on well with people. I believe I would fit with a family life easily.
6. Please describe, what you imagine your typical au pair schedule will be like?
I would my typical au pair schedule will be like waking children up, making them breakfast, driving them to school, picking them up from school, taking care for baby, helping the kids with their homework, having dinner with my host family, reading with the kids, going to gym, going to English class, walking in the park with the kids, doing laundry for the kids, meeting up with other au pairs…
7. If you were at the park with your host child and she/he feel of the swing and seriously hurt themselves, what would you do?
I would call 911 in order to get help. If they want me to do the first aid, if they tell me what to do then I would follow their instruction. I would call my host family in order to give them information about the issue and wait for their to come.
8. What would you do, if you were placed with a host family and you did not agree with their discipline style? How would you handle a disagreement with your host family?
I can agree with my host family easily by talking. I would try to understand their point of view and I would try to explain my point of view.
9. If two young host children were fighting over a toy, how would you handle the situation?
I would put that toy which they are fighting over away for sometimes. To give couple of minutes for all of us in order to understand the situation better in a calm manner. Then I would listen both sides try to make them understand each other. So if they can not I just keep the toy away.
10. What would you do, if you were driving and one of your host children took of their seat belt?
It depends on child’s age. If the child is old enough to fasten the seat belt I would kindly ask her/him to do. If the child do not do it/not enough to do it by herself/himself I check my mirrors to make sure it is safe to stop. I would talk to the child first explain her/him why do we need our seat belts to be on. Then I fasten the seat belt.
11. Most au pairs feel homesick at some point during their program. What will you do to help yourself feel at home while you are in the USA?
One year is not that long and I will be in a different country like America by discovering. I believe one year will fly so fast. I wouldn’t mind sharing my difficulty with my host family if I do so. I am sure I could get use to it.